Wednesday, April 6, 2011

We’ve committed a sin, I’m a sinner.

This comes to speak about a resemblance of dark act; I was trying to recollect a memory after seeing a newspaper. This said, police booked complaint against a gang of 10th class boys and in turn were forced to file a case against respective school management by their parents. This brings me to write a memoir, which was covered by greed.

In this materialistic society, education was the then ruled by rural community and now a corporate. That was eight class, we had a huge cricket ground. I wasn’t the captain or even a vice… 15 boys!

We had many matches; I was much more of a ball boy rather than playing the actual game. I got a chance when some player gets injured or absent. When I played none gave me an ear, eventually we lost every game that I was in. Raju who was the captain had a hope in me, as I get 2 wickets per match and a score of 30 runs. The other guys spoilt the match

Ever since I get onto ground, it was all about reading the pitch and getting a glance of a hand (almost in a nano second), from the bowler. I can say that because I had enough blows in the practice session and even worsen in matches. I was happy about myself as, I get to know the reactions from my captain. Ramu, Vasu, Madhav, Kranthi, Singh all I can recollect their names. These guys were the important players that made an impact in batting as well as bowling.

This people used to give almost everything for the sport, which was their spirit. Every sport had merchandise, and so cricket. We guys used to collect coins, attractive stuff that had some player’s name. They made a great collection, which consisted of a thousand cricket coins, scores of bats, books entirely of Cricketers autographs. The best part is, however you live when you win a match and get a free soda, you forget all those kiddy egos. This was great and every one was awful until the big event happened.

With the coins that they collected, they started doing business. This went so big among kids, such that the entire lunch time was invested as a stock exchange. Kids of other schools started doing these things, it all became mafia all of once. It was the last match we had in 8th class, I had a finger rupture while attempting a catch and it was unfortunately a no-ball. Ended up the match losing, there was a sudden thud… Ramu was being beaten up from the nearby school boys, as he refused to sell at their price and later abused them. This was enough to make us stand before our principal, the next morning every class was suspended until this issue gets solved.

This business has grown so strong, that the lower class kids lost the studies track and begun talking all this stuff. It gave me a worse impact as I was the captain of a school group. The moment we started to take some action, we were already in principal chamber. She was lanky, yet fastidious. There as a huge bamboo stick, this was bought for the special treatment.

“From where do you get these ideas kids?” , it was like a juicy slow ball from a right arm spinner. Raju tried answering and so as me, eventually answers didn’t coincide. This was like a suicidal run-out. Huh she stared asking many things, there was absolute silence followed by a huge sound. Our P.T. sir started banging everyone on their knuckles; soon there were tears and cries.

The best part of the act was, police from local police station, I began to panic. Our parents were called, as if though we were caught selling drugs. This was made big; I began to lose faith and also cried at that moment. Henceforth unwillingly participating into this massacre (must be a big word), I became a sinner. This one makes me say this, even though you are a part of team, you have to bear the challenges that out siders give you. When it’s a team, it has to be within a team.

Nevertheless our business succeeded with, expansion after expulsion of few kids from the school. They made gains, not giving a thought to the problems the lower class kids influenced.

I try to finish this with, when it comes to growing up with kids’ parents and teachers must involve without their notice. They’re still young guns, when encouraged and put into right track one can see their mettle.

No comments:

Post a Comment