Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A VIGILANTES’ passport!

This is one such a situation I wanna discuss, there needs to be a paper (Oh my!!this is much more than a paper!) to show your identity as a citizen of a country… to write an exam to qualify for an entry into foreign universities. I want to take guard and explore the situation and mĂ©lange it with rampage. I have to apply for a passport and have them for writing my GRE exam; this is made mandatory in India as the strength of students taking this is much more.

Things go very well, until there’s an antecedent which stymies my flow of thought. There’s a blunder that I’ve made… opting for the exam with out knowing the rules. As I believe that I’m good enough to cope up with the changes in the society. A confess and an admit doesn’t solve the case as an old Chinese saying goes. I went to the place and made a series of attempts and returned empty.

After a series of unfortunate events((Tada)Jim’s movie) I got a chance to visit the passport office and drop an application over there. It was 7:00 in the morning; I could see some scores of bikes in a parking lot. Yes it was the passport office located amidst the railway station and local bus stand. I took a long breathe and went into the queue. I can surpass a guy in red shirt and noticed he was sleepy. Taking a slip with the agent (James bond) went and stood in a way long line. The first guy who stood here for the passport for applying has come here on 7:00 pm yesterday’s night. Dude isn’t this peak of corruption, peak of negligence and an unnoticed stream of frustration.

There was an allowance for few people whose passports were mishandled as the police over there gave an explanation. Finally clock stuck 9:30 and I can get in. oh my goodness my number was 30. When I went inside there were not less than a 100 people sitting right in front of me. Am I the only fool standing in the line and throwing among the crowd? I asked the guy sitting beside me, how did u come so early? He smiled at my ignorance and replied... If u wanna make a govt’s work better bribe them and everything goes smooth, it was like a sudden blow on my face.

Thinking about a failed attempt, I went to the counter… all of a sudden there were huge cries coming from my back ground. A woman misguided as she couldn’t see the name of the counter mistook and stood all along for a big time and came to know that she was cornered… I felt bad as she was an old woman and she couldn’t walk properly.

I moved myself and took out my application; a granny of age 50 was sitting there. She took my birth certi and was watching still as she could find out any mistakes… She threw that at me. Ok the main issue’s solved. She took a look at my pass book, ration card…. The procedure continued, she took a look at my college’s custodian and gave me a bang. I can’t take this; I stood in shock and all my sweat covering my face. Then I replied slowly, for the first time in my life… ma’m my college has an issue and it gives me this only. She said fine…

Then I paid the fee and the work’s done… come on bud, I have completed my work. But there deep inside my soul says that, you’re a penchant of your dreams and an egotist. Let the world go as it is… shame to call you as a Vig. I admit that we’re corrupt and blame the country for many more things. Thing’s clear, we are opportunists and would like to kiss any one’s a** for our work.

Comments are accepted.

Regards

Mani kanth

No comments:

Post a Comment